On my recent trip to Santa Barbara, I fell in love with a pasta at The Lark! The flavors that stood out to me was the creamy corn-focused sauce and the delicious mushrooms. I have definitely been thinking about this pasta since that dinner and told myself I would try to remake it soon. I decided to switch up the flavors a bit, to include sage instead! We got a delicious shipment of sage and chanterelle mushrooms last night, so I decided today was the day. I picked up some pappardelle pasta and Grana Padano cheese at a local Italian market & some corn at the grocery store, then headed home to whip this mushroom & corn pappardelle up! It ended up being super quick & easy!
Want to make your own fresh pasta? Check out this post!
Mushroom & Corn pappardelle Recipe
Prep & Cooking Time: about 30 minutes
- Salt (I used Pink Himalayan)
- about 9 ounces pappardelle
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP salted butter
- about 10 large fresh sage leaves, torn
- 6 oz mushrooms, roughly chopped (I used Chanterelle)
- 2 large ears corn, shucked and kernels removed (about 2 cups kernels)
- black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (I used my electric kettle to boil the water quicker). My pasta called for 4 qt. Salt the water.
- Cook pasta to al dente according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 TBSP olive oil + 1 TBSP salted butter in large sauté pan over medium heat; add torn sage and a pinch of salt and cook for about a minute, until slightly fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, saute for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of corn, saute for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer sage, mushroom & corn mixture from the pan onto a plate with a slotted spoon, leaving oil behind in pan.
- Add the rest of the corn (should be about 1.5 cups) to the pan; add 1/4 cup water. Simmer until corn is heated through and almost tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Transfer to blender or food processor & set pan aside, purée mixture until smooth. Add extra water 1 TBSP at a time if needed to thin, in order to get a thick but pourable texture. I ended up adding about 2 TBSP.
- Add sage, mushroom & corn mixture back into the pan over medium heat. Add corn purée. Stir together and warm through for about a minute. Add pasta and mix until combined. You can add pasta water to thicken the sauce (I added about 1/4 cup). Stir in grated Parmesan until combined, salt & pepper to taste! Enjoy!
Looking for more pasta recipe inspiration?
The best of recipes that I’ve made recently
Simple Spring Pasta with caramelized veggies
Easy weeknight pasta – Walter’s 5 ingredient Rigatoni
The Best Pasta Tools & Simple Egg Pasta Recipe
Learning to make pasta (and sourdough) is hands down the most rewarding things…