This is truly the best easy 2-banana Nutella banana bread! It was inspired by the fact that I only had 2 super ripe bananas and most banana bread recipes call for 3. When I was on the search for a recipe, I found this super simple banana bread recipe, but I wanted to jazz it up a bit. I decided to add in Nutella (I think living in Italy is rubbing off on me) and a crumb topping, plus I tweaked a couple other things. I hope you enjoy this souped up banana bread recipe!
The best easy 2-banana Nutella banana bread Ingredients
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, browned (you can use salted as well, just reduce the salt added by 1/4 tsp)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium, ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Nutella (about 10 dollops)
Dry Crumb Topping Ingredients
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (can leave out or swap out for other nut)
- 1 TBSP flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Liquid Topping Ingredients
- 1 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
The best easy 2-banana Nutella banana bread directions
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) with a rack in middle of the oven.
- Prepare a loaf pan and set aside. Tip: save the wrapping that your butter comes in when you finish the butter to make buttering a pan much easier. I like to butter (or oil) the pan and also put parchment that covers the entire inside and extends from the pan so it’s easy to lift out after done baking.
- Start browning the 1/3 cup butter. When browned, let it cool a bit. You can pop it into the freezer if you would like to cool it quicker.
- In a medium bowl prepare dry ingredients – mix together 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda & 1/2 tsp salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash 2 ripe bananas. Add 1/3 cup white sugar, 1/3 brown sugar, 2 large eggs, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract & browned butter. Mix together.
- Slowly add dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Melt 1 TBSP butter.
- In a small bowl prepare crumb topping – mix together 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1 TBSP all-purpose flour & 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon.
- In another small bowl prepare liquid topping – mix together 1 TBSP melted butter and 1 TBSP vanilla.
- Pour half of bread batter into prepared pan.
- Top with a few dollops of Nutella. Use a skewer, toothpick or knife to disperse Nutella into the batter.
- Top off with the rest of the batter, smooth out.
- Add a few more dollops of nutella on top and disperse again.
- Top off with crumb topping.
- Pour liquid topping over crumb topping.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, but start checking at 30 minutes for doneness.